Samstag, 26. Juli 2014

Barcelona rocks

Hey people :-)

Some days ago I returned from a 10 days vacation in Barcelona. It was my first time visiting this astonishing, colorful and vibrant city. From the arrival on I really enjoyed the life in Catalonia's capital. I strolled around and took some interesting pics, went to the beach, cycled through the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, met a lot of inspiring people, made some new friends and went climbing, of course. Although there are plenty of amazing cliffs around the town, I mainly went to climbing gyms, since I was mostly on my own. I checked out the Deu dits (click here for further information) which is a simply amazing facility with a lot of awesome boulder problems and a mind blowing training area. Apart from that, I also went to a smaller gym called Freebloc (webpage), which is thoroughly equipped and a good place to train. Towards the end of my trip I met Alba and Roque, two extremely friendly and open minded climbers, who currently live in Barcelona. They invited me to come with them for some rock climbing, so I eventually touched some real rock on the last day of my stay. Climbing with all these super nice folks turned out to be a wonderful experience! They showed me a sandstone crag called Grau dels Matxos, which is located in the north of Barcelona. Despite of partying a little bit the evening before, I managed to climb Sots Fèrestecs, a gorgeous 8a with small crimps, at my third go. Additionally, I climbed a bunch of easier routes. Thanks a lot for your hospitality, I really enjoyed climbing with you! 

I hope you like the pictures and stay tuned for another post about an innovative portable fingerboard,  developed by a friend of mine, which I took with me on this trip :-)














Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen